Join WUWM's Social Media Street Team
Do you get excited when NPR references pop-up in TV shows? Or, when you spot an Ira Glass look-alike walking down the street?
"I know I'm a Mke Public Radio Geek because when I go to the grocery store, I make sure the WUWM logo on my tote bag is showing so others will see it." - Michelle
If you are just as excited and enthusiastic about Milwaukee Public Radio, we want you to share your passion with others in the community.
Join Mke Public Radio Geeks, WUWM's social media street team, to help spread the word about Milwaukee Public Radio using Facebook, Twitter and any other social media network. As a member, you will be invited to join WUWM's private Facebook group where you can chat about the newest public radio happenings and brainstorm ways to show off your public radio "geekiness."
Mke Public Radio Geeks Pledge
I promise to:
- Regularly check-in on the Mke Public Radio Geeks Facebook group.
- Use my social media skills to help spread the word about WUWM.
- Brainstorm new and exciting ways to engage with other listeners.
- Regularly listens to WUWM.
- Knowledge and experience using Facebook and Twitter.
- Possess a smart phone / ability to post online while out in the community.
- Street team members' privacy will be respected. We encourage you to be yourself. When posting, we ask that the content be respectful.
- There is no compensation for being a Mke Public Radio Geek; however, there is the possibility of earning rewards.
- WUWM's Marketing & Web Specialists are spearheading this initiative. Team Managers will provide direction and guidance.
- Members are required to attend an orientation and training meeting.
- Members will provide regular engagement reports to WUWM staff / Team Managers.
- Team members can be removed at any time at the discretion of Team Managers. Likewise, members may resign from the team if they feel they can no longer commit.