Wednesday on Lake Effect:
We learn how the extreme cold over the next two days will affect everyone from the homeless to the family pets. We talk with IMPACT 2-1-1 about accessing warming centers and other city services. An arctic explorer gives us his best tips for staying warm despite the weather. Plus, when it’s this cold, go ahead and set your thermostat to keep your heater on all the time. And we learn how the cold affects our pets and how to best take care of them and how to keep your car running when it’s this cold.
- Emily Kenney, IMPACT 2-1-1 coordinated entry program director
- Eric Larsen, polar adventurer, expedition guide, and educator
- Dave Stuart, environmental systems technician instructor
- Charles Ryerson, US Army Corps of Engineers Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory
- Mark Savage, auto contributor
- Anne Reed, Wisconsin Humane Society President and CEO; Crystal Sharlow-Schaefer, Wisconsin Humane Society wildlife rehab team