Friday on Lake Effect: Closing Youth Prisons, Colombian-U.S. Relations, and Bel Canto Choir
Friday on Lake Effect:
Today on the program, why a national group is calling for all youth prisons to be closed. Then, the simple truth that Milwaukee native Ramon Escobar learned in the State Department. Why another Milwaukee native, Lindsay Starck, chose to focus her novel Noah’s Wife, on Noah’s wife. Plus, a performance by Milwaukee’s Bel Canto chorus tries to portray the Midwest prairie through song.
- Liz Ryan, Youth First
- Ramon Escobar, Rusk Fellow
- Lindsay Starck, author
- Carson Cooman and Christian Ellenwood, composers
- Group Beseeches Wisconsin to Close Lincoln Hills, Create Local Options for Young Offenders
- The Colombia Plan and U.S. Foreign Policy: 'There is no such thing as a plug and play'
- 'Noah's Wife' Reimagines the Biblical Flood as a Modern Fable
- Bel Canto Concert Features 'Revelations of Divine Love' and 'Prairie Spring'