This weekend on Lake Effect:
We revisit a special broadcast from the Cooperage in Milwaukee’s Harbor District as a part of our Project Milwaukee series, Great Lakes, Troubled Waters.
We explore some of the emerging threats to water in our region - from pharmaceuticals to invasive species. We discuss some of the shortcomings to water policy - at the state, regional, and national level. A conversation about the real-world health impacts of unsafe drinking water… plus, we find out whether the region’s water technology industry might play a role in help solving problems at a local level.
- Val Klump, Dean and Professor at UW-Milwaukee's School of Freshwater Sciences
- Molly Flanagan, Vice President for Policy for the Alliance for the Great Lakes
- Jamie Ferschinger, Director of Environmental Health for the Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
- Heather Paradis, Medical Director of Community Services for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Matt Howard, Vice President of The Water Council and Director of Alliance for Water Stewardship, North America