Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations
Economy & Business

Metro Area Home Sales Up Again

October home sales throughout the four county metro area rose 3.5 percent in October compared with year earlier figures.The Greater Milwaukee Association of Realtors reports 1,434 homes were sold in the metro area last month. Milwaukee County led the region with a 5.1 percent increase. Sales in Washington and Ozaukee counties decreased slightly compared with year earlier totals. The trade association says area listings also increased in October, up 8.6 percent. The realtors' group predicts the home sales market is proving to be very "balanced" in contrast to the wild swings that were evident over the last decade.