Sneak Peek of UWM's 2016 Festival of Films in French
It’s a big week for francophones and francophiles in the Milwaukee area. The 19th annual Festival of Films in French returns to the UW-Milwaukee Union Cinema. It features 13 titles from across the French-speaking world, and includes films from Haiti, Madagascar and Montreal.
“We really enjoy being able to bring multiple perspectives on the French world, the Francophone world, rather than just having images of France,” says Sarah Davies Cordova, one of the festival’s organizers and a professor in the department of French, Italian, and Comparative Literature.
The Festival of Films in French will run through February 21. The schedulefeatures the following titles:
- L'Ecume des jours (Mood Indigo)
- Arrête ou je continue (If you don't I will)
- Un Jour Pina m’a demandé (One Day Pina Asked)
- Belle et Sébastien
- 2016 New Faces in French Animation
- Port-au-Prince, dimanche 4 janvier (Port-au-Prince, Sunday January 4th)
- Verdun: Visions d'histoire
- Ady Gasy (The Malagasy Way)
- La Ronde
- Bande de filles (Girlhood)
- Parce que j’étais peintre (Because I was a painter)
- Félix et Meira