Friday on Lake Effect: Walker's State Politics to Come, Prayer for Food, Neighborhood Farmers Market
Friday on Lake Effect:
The impact Scott Walker’s candidacy might have on state politics in the coming months. Plus, does it matter that the city’s largest homeless shelter requires people using it to attend a mandatory prayer service? Why a group of Wisconsin Muslims is fighting on behalf of environmental causes, and the unique story of a planetarium in Wisconsin’s north woods. And why a Milwaukee man thinks there’s room for one more farmer’s market – in his neighborhood.
- Alison Bauter, Milwaukee Business Journal
- Matt Hrodey, Milwaukee Magazine
- Huda Alkaff, Islamic Environmental Group of WI; Nabil Salous, Islamic Society of MKE
- Avi Lank and Ron Legro, authors, The Man Who Painted the Universe
- Does Religious Involvement in Social Services Lead to Greater Success?
- How Walker's Presidential Campaign Might Impact Public Policy Back Home
- Harambee Neighborhood Resident Spearheads a New Farmer’s Market
- Wisconsin Islamic Group Ties Green Initiatives to Spirituality
- A Painted Universe Takes Shape in Northern Wisconsin