Thursday on Lake Effect: Cross Country Veteran Walk, Great Lakes Dragaway, Labor Day Weekend
Thursday on Lake Effect:
We learn about a cross country trek by two Wisconsin veterans and how it helped them deal with the aftermath of combat. Then, we explore the Harley Davidson Museum’s Drag Racing: America’s Fast Time exhibit and talk to the family of the late Harlan Herriges, who helped establish the Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove. And Lake Effect contributor, Stacy Tornio, has some unconventional suggestions on how to spend time this Labor Day weekend.
- Tom Voss, veteran; Susan Bence, WUWM environmental reporter
- David Kreidler, Harley Davidson Museum
- Susan and Russell Herriges, Great Lakes Dragaway
- Stacy Tornio, Lake Effect contributor
- Jenny Benjamin, poet & Lake Effect contributor