Lake Effect Weekend: Curbing Tobacco Use, Radio Chipstone, Ex Fabula
This weekend on Lake Effect:
We learn about an uptick in tobacco use among young people in the region and what has several organizations concerned. Then contributor Joanne Weintraub reflects on her changing relationship with a certain television show after her career as a TV critic. Radio Chipstone explores a collection of narratives told by those who lived and remember what Madison was like for African Americans who initially settled in the city. Plus we have the latest in our storytelling series, Ex Fabula.
- Lorraine Lathen, director, Wisconsin African-American Tobacco Prevention Network; Anneke Mohr, City of Milwaukee Tobacco-free Alliance
- Joanne Weintraub, essayist
- Mitch Shiner, Rick Aaron, Joey Sanchez, Cecilio Negron, Jr., Latka con Salsa (song)
- Muriel Simms, author, Settlin': Stories of Madison's Early African American Families; Gianofer Fields, material culture contributor
- Leah DeLaney, Ex Fabula co-founder; Rachel Owens, WUWM