How Wine Tasters Influence Buyer Preferences
Ever wonder what those gold and silver medals on wine bottles mean, and how they got there? NPR's Karen Grigsby Bates talks with judges at America's largest wine competition to discover how they influence what ends up in your shopping cart.
List of Award-Winning Wines at the 2004 Los Angeles County Fair Wines of the World Competition:
• Best White Wine: Geyser Peak Winery, Sauvignon Blanc, Block Collection, River Road Ranch, 2003
• Best Wine of the Competition, Limited Production: Barrister Winery, Cabernet Franc, Columbia Valley, 2002
• Best Limited Production White Wine: Clos du Lac Cellars, Sauvignon Blanc, Sierra Foothills, Amador County California, 2003
• Best Sparkling Wine: Domaine Chandon, Blanc de Noir, Methode Champenoise, California
• Best Late Harvest Wine: Jackson-Triggs Vintners, Ice Wine Riesling, Proprietors Grand Reserve, 2002
• Best Organic Wine: Lopez Island Vineyards, Siegerrebe, Puget Sound Estate, 2003
Copyright 2022 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.